These lettuce cups are the perfect holiday appetizers for Christmas parties and other festive get-togethers. They are light, healthy and perfect for a summer Christmas and one you need to put on your ‘’must try’’ list.
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, cut into small pieces
- ¼ of a cup fresh coriander,
- ¼ of cup of red onions diced finely
- 1 small lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the carrot, cucumber, tomato, coriander, and onion. Squeeze the juice of the lime over the mixture and toss through.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with 1/4 of the mixture, 1/4 sliced avocado with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a fresh juice or smoothie on the side.
Fact: These lettuce cups aren’t just great for your taste buds, but they are also super healthy because it’s bursting with carotenoids (thankyou carrot, cucumber, and tomatoes), vitamin C, E and has detoxifying properties (from the onions and coriander) to help eliminate toxins from the body. You’re welcome.
My name is Farah and I am an advocate for natural and organic beauty products, healthy living and a self-proclaimed whole foods enthusiast. My passion for health and beauty stems from my personal experiences dealing with problematic skin and now I want to help others learn my secrets to flawless skin from the inside, out. I’m a firm believer that true beauty comes from what goes inside of your body and I am thankful to be able to educate you and help you to obtain clear skin