Prep Time: 15 minutes Yields: 1
Stop chewing your stale tuna sandwich like cud! We have the answer to your lunch or dinner dilemma: our do-it-yourself poke bowl. Originating from Hawaii, poke bowls are delicious and nutritious meals packed with so much goodness you’re able to power on through your day or repair from its adventures. With protein and fibre-rich quinoa, bok choy’s vitamins C, A, and K, and smoked salmon’s source of omega-3 fatty acids, you’re in for a healthy treat.
- 1 portion of smoked salmon (be sure it is suited for raw consumption)
- 1 tsp of sesame seed oil
- 3 tbsp of tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 bok choy leaves
- ½ tsp of diced chilli
- Lime half
- Handful of:
- Baby spinach
- Chopped cabbage
- Sliced capsicum
- Chopped cucumber
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Bean sprouts
- First cook your quinoa according to its packet instructions.
- Add tamari, sesame seed oil, and grated ginger to salmon in a small bowl and mix.
- Have fun arranging your very own poke bowl! Try starting out with the leafy greens, quinoa, capsicum, cucumber, salmon, and top with sprouts, walnuts, chilli and a generous squeeze of lime juice.
Renee is a 20-something writer who has a love-hate relationship with fictional characters. If she doesn’t have her eyes glued to the big screen, you’ll find her chasing sunsets by the water. Having grown up with sensitive skin, she’s passionate about writing articles and creating videos for SkinB5, the company that helped her overcome acne.