Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 50 mins Total time: 1 hour
Finally, a banana bread that is healthy and isn’t full of refined sugar. This recipe is made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with honey and browned bananas. Not to mention the humble banana offers so many beauty benefits for the skin! That’s right, it is rich in potassium, Vitamin B5, C, and magnesium. Eating this fruit will nourish and revitalize dry or acne prone skin as well as smoothen rough and aging skin. Also, this is a great recipe to make at the beginning of the week, so you have something to have toasted for breakfast time or during tea time.
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (the browner the better as they mash easily and they taste sweeter)
- ⅓ cup of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups regular unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 356 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and grease line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together. Add eggs and beat well using a whisk or if you don’t have a whisk you can use a fork.
- Stir in bananas and vanilla, walnuts, then stir in the salt and cinnamon. Lastly, stir in the flour, just until combined.
- Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then mix briefly into batter until it is evenly distributed. Spread batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Be sure to check that the bread is done baking by inserting a toothpick in the top. It should come out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 5 minutes, then transfer it to a chopping board or wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #skinb5recipes
My name is Farah and I am an advocate for natural and organic beauty products, healthy living and a self-proclaimed whole foods enthusiast. My passion for health and beauty stems from my personal experiences dealing with problematic skin and now I want to help others learn my secrets to flawless skin from the inside, out. I’m a firm believer that true beauty comes from what goes inside of your body and I am thankful to be able to educate you and help you to obtain clear skin