Holidays tend to be a busy time for everyone and it can be difficult to fall into the trap of eating unhealthy, so make sure you try cueing up salads, they are healthy but they also are easy to throw together when the timing is tight. This salad will boost your immune system, prevent inflammation and alkalize your body. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 1 medium sized tomato, diced into small cubes
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1/2 a cup arugula, chopped
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pepper to taste
- Mix chickpeas, tomatoes, green onions, and arugula.
- Toss with olive oil and lemon. Top with feta cheese and pepper.
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #skinb5recipes on Instagram.
My name is Farah and I am an advocate for natural and organic beauty products, healthy living and a self-proclaimed whole foods enthusiast. My passion for health and beauty stems from my personal experiences dealing with problematic skin and now I want to help others learn my secrets to flawless skin from the inside, out. I’m a firm believer that true beauty comes from what goes inside of your body and I am thankful to be able to educate you and help you to obtain clear skin