This colourful salad is perfect for summer and is loaded with antioxidants. It makes enough to feed a crowd and makes a great side dish or appetizer if served with chips. It’s also great as a topping for taco salads or served with grilled meat and fresh tortillas.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes (only for the corn)
- 2 cans of organic black beans drained
- 2 cups of cooked fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup of red onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper/chilli finely diced
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper finely diced
- ¼ cup minced coriander/cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- Cook the fresh corn or frozen corn for about 5 minutes in a pan on medium heat. Once cooked, remove from heat and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least for 30 minutes and serve with tortilla chips or use as a side dish or eat it as it is.