Smoothies are an excellent way of satisfying food cravings in between meals. And this particular smoothie is excellent for calming skin inflammation. Why? Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and walnuts are powerhouses of omega-3 fatty acids, which help make the skin plump and radiant by locking in nutrients.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup walnut milk (if you can’t find this, you can use almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Handful of ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth in a high-speed blender. You can also add greens such as broccoli or kale to increase the nutrition quotient of this smoothie.
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #skinb5recipes on Instagram.
My name is Farah and I am an advocate for natural and organic beauty products, healthy living and a self-proclaimed whole foods enthusiast. My passion for health and beauty stems from my personal experiences dealing with problematic skin and now I want to help others learn my secrets to flawless skin from the inside, out. I’m a firm believer that true beauty comes from what goes inside of your body and I am thankful to be able to educate you and help you to obtain clear skin