Valentine’s Day is the month of love, care and happiness! And being only a few days away now is the time to start planning your beauty prep.It’s the perfect excuse to start pampering yourself and to help nourish your skin. After all, we want to make sure that you’re glowing and looking your best by February 14th. Here are a few tips to get your skin into shape, in just a couple days.
#1 Cleanse the face
You always want to cleanse your skin from any of the impurities you may have, to help renew and purify the skin. It’s a skincare golden rule to wash your face every day, especially if you’re wanting that radiant glow on Valentine’s Day! Cleansing is not only essential for healthy looking skin but in fact, it helps to avoid breakouts, unclogs your pores, removes dead skin cells and removes all makeup. Try to stick to a gentle cleanser that contains salicylic acid. Salicylic acid will break down the oil, your skin produces without over-drying your face. Use a non-chemical product that helps with breakouts and refines skin texture (like SkinB5 Acne Control Cleansing Mousse which is perfect for all skin types) morning and night to a more noticeably smoother skin without irritating the skin of course!
#2 Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!
Do not skip a moisturizer, ever! Moisturizer has an important protection role to play – It helps, strengthens and smooths the surface of the skin. And the wrong moisturizer can cause blocked pores, greasiness, and blackheads. How to deal with it? Don’t worry we got you covered! For acne –prone skin: Choose a moisturizer that’s non-comedogenic and oil free. It will keep your skin looking nongreasy all day and night without clogging your pores. For dry skin: Look for ingredients like Jojoba oil and Vitamin B5, both of which deeply moisturize your skin and maintain water in the skin. For sensitive skin: Pick a product that is fragrance-free and that contains aloe-Vera which is great for soothing irritated skin. I recommend SkinB5s light antioxidant-rich moisturiser, it contains powerful natural ingredients like Green Tea, Jojoba Oil and Vitamin B5 that hydrate the skin and help prevent breakouts. Extra tip: If I feel I need a heavier moisturizer on a super cold day, I mix a few drops of 100% Argan oil (you can use the oil of your choice) with my SkinB5 Acne Control moisturizer for that extra protection. This saves having to buy another cream and works wonders.
# 3 Deep Clean the skin with a mask
Another option for getting your skin ready for the romance of Valentine’s Day is to use a skin purifying mask. Using a skin mask at least 2-3 times a week will clear out pores and make you look and feel sexier. Now it’s no secret that SkinB5 won the best face mask on beautyheaven.com.au. But did you know the skin clearing mask contains powerful unique ingredients like French green clay (from France); which is a skin saviour (I kid you not), works just like a magnet to draw out impurities. Studies have shown that French Green Clay is also a highly effective antibacterial agent and is great for clearing out blemishes. I love it because it actually keeps my skin instantly smooth and matte afterward and it only takes 5 minutes which works well for today’s busy lifestyle. (Aint nobody got time for 30-minute face mask). It also contains Bergamot Oil, Vitamin B5 and more! (Now I can’t tell you what other excellent ingredients it contains, you just have to look for yourselves to believe it).
Other helpful tips to get a radiant glow on Valentine’s Day
Beyond the right skin care products, there are other quick tips that can get you ready in time for the big day! So who’s ready to throw away out those blotting papers?
- Drink plenty of water a few days before the day to clear your skin. Sufficient water intake keeps the skin supple, smooth and ensures detoxification. So drink plenty of water for a flawless complexion.
- Try and stay away from refined sugar. Eating excessive amounts of refined sugar can take a toll on the skin. Causing breakouts and for the skin to lose its radiance. So, skip the fizzy drinks and opt for healthier options like dark chocolate which contains less refined sugars or fruits.
- Take Vitamin C, it helps to promote blood circulation (therefore detoxing the skin), decrease uneven skin tone, and brightening your complexion.
- Take a salt bath if you feel bloated: Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to your bath and sit for 10-15 minutes. The Magnesium in the salt helps to draw out toxins from your body.
- Eat a rainbow a few days before the day. Remember a healthy glowing face relies heavily on what you eat. From wrinkle-fighting antioxidants in fruits and vegetables to hydrating healthy fats in fish.
- Makeup is usually the last preparation step for Valentine’s Day. If you can focus on natural products that are without synthetic chemicals and parabens. Your skin will thank you for it, in the long run.
Remember radiant skin can come from being happy on the inside. When you’re happy with the inside people naturally see it in your facial expression. Be that person who shines from the inside out – and watch it transform your skin. Whatever you get up to on Valentine’s Day, have a fun time getting ready and enjoy a wonderful evening!
My name is Farah and I am an advocate for natural and organic beauty products, healthy living and a self-proclaimed whole foods enthusiast. My passion for health and beauty stems from my personal experiences dealing with problematic skin and now I want to help others learn my secrets to flawless skin from the inside, out. I’m a firm believer that true beauty comes from what goes inside of your body and I am thankful to be able to educate you and help you to obtain clear skin